Re: [tycho-user] Dumping target configuration for fast reload

Just to clarify: When you use .tpd files, do you create the .target file just once after editing a tpd file (and checkin both), or do you let Maven create the .target file from the .tpd files every time? If so, this would be an easy part to remove from your Maven build.

Ciao, Michael

Von: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von LE FEVRE FRANCOIS
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. April 2016 08:55
An: Tycho user list <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [tycho-user] Dumping target configuration for fast reload

Thanks a lot for this additional link

But we already use it: it is a great plugin ! Thanks to Mikael.

I come back on my needs. Surely due to my poor English I was not able to explain what I want.

I have a huge project Eclipse/Tycho based with pom (and many sub poms).

When I execute “mvn clean install”, the major time period is used to prepare the compilation element (more than 30 mn).

So my idea was to be able to capture a snapshot of the task and to be able to make a “mvn install”l again that would take into account a pre-build Tycho.

So I will not lose again the first 30 mn…

Does that make sense for Tycho developer?

Francois