Re: [tycho-user] Tycho/Reproducible Version Qualifiers troubles

It's a general problem with inlined java constants.
Reproducible version qualifiers are created based on last git commit and since it did not change in project B the version also remains the same.
You can make a dummy commit to bump the version of B up.

Happy New Year,

I’m using Tycho/Reproducible Version Qualifiers (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Reproducible_Version_Qualifiers) and have troubles :

I’ve two plugins : A and B. A baseline with A in version 1.0.0. 201509140951 and plugin B in version 1.0.0. 201510091223.

B depends on A, but the version of A is not specified in B. Bundle B use a static final defined in A.

If I change static final value from A, I’ve to increment the major version of A.

But when I build with Tycho/Reproducible Version Qualifiers, Tycho warn me about :

[ERROR] MavenProject  B:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT @ /opt/jenkins/workspace/NightlyBuildBranch//bundles/B/pom.xml: baseline and build artifacts have same version but different contents

If I change the baselineMode to warn, the artifact is replaced with the baseline version.

But the baseline version of the plugin B doesn’t contains the static final value of A v2.0.0. The static final value is still the value from A v1.0.0. 201509140951

Does it meens, I need to upgrade the minor version of B to take account the A modifications ? This case is simple, but in our case somes values are used by many plugins. I need to upgrade all plugin using the value to take account the modification ?

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks.

Vincent

This email and its content belong to Ingenico Group. The enclosed information is confidential and may not be disclosed to any unauthorized person. If you have received it by mistake do not forward it and delete it from your system.

Cet email et son contenu sont la propriété du Groupe Ingenico. L’information qu’il contient est confidentielle et ne peut être communiquée à des personnes non autorisées. Si vous l’avez reçu par erreur ne le transférez pas et supprimez-le.