Re: [tycho-user] FeatureXmlTransformer.expandReferences() and Platform Filters

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply. Please see my comments below...

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 01.07.2015 um 10:01 schrieb Sievers, Jan:
if the feature includes fragments for two environments, both must be available at build time, otherwise the feature would be incomplete.
That doesn't make sense to me and it doesn't seem in line with PDE itself. I just tried to export that feature both with and without the other (unapplicable) fragment. It works perfectly in both cases and produces the exact same result.

I think Tycho should also just skip the PluginRefs that have environment filters attached that don't match the current build target environment(s).

this is different from install time where non-applicable environments are ignored when installing the feature.
Why should it be different?

I don't know the details of your build but looks to me like if you want to build the feature, both environments must be configured.

Otherwise we'd need to know more details about

the build always fails if one (and not all) environments are being built
Regards
Jan