Re: [tycho-user] Custom build steps that work in Eclipse and Tycho?

Hi Igor,

I’d agree that that’s not what I want to do. I’d rather use the maven or ant enhancers for the ORM to generate the classes at build time only.

I did just find an eclipse plug-in for the ORM package I’m using https://github.com/ebean-orm/avaje-ebeanorm-eclipse, and that might be the way to go - but not sure how to use it :(.

I’m currently using an ORM included javaagent to do the instrumentation at runtime - however that’s where my problem lies - you can’t perform the instrumentation with just the JRE - it *requires* the JDK.

Bundling the JDK would not only probably increase the distribution by quite a lot (I’m guesses at least double), I’m not sure how to bundle it into the application as the eclipse bootstrap understands the <rcp-app-dir>/jre ( <rcp-app-dir>/eclipse.app/jre with some hacks on OS X).

Thanks,

Jim