[tycho-user] Getting started

I am looking to switch from manual PDE builds to using Tycho.  My targets are RCP applications and OSGi server bundles.  Two questions:

1)      What is the recommended way to get started for a non-maven user like me?
The wiki documentation page refers to a EclipseCon Tyco tutorial but it is a dead link.  Google returned a result for EclipseCon tutorial but it had no working examples, only high level information.

2)      Can a single Tycho build resolve dependencies from both a target environment and from a maven/nexus repository?
Example: An RCP application that uses Hibernate JPA as persistence engine.  Hibernate does not maintain a p2 repo so I can’t easily include it in target environment but can get it easily from standard maven repo.  RCP does not maintain a maven repo (that I know of) but obviously does maintain p2 repo.

Thanks for your time,

Timothy Vogel

Back to the top