Re: [tycho-user] configuring the same target-platform in eclipse like tycho is using

hi mickael,

thanks for you answer, but as described in my post, I tried this solution but recognized 2 problems:

1st ) when I configure a target definition file, then I have exactly to know in which feature my bundles and all of the dependent bundles are located and select them as desired features/groups… and with this the manifest first approach of osgi and tycho is useless.

2nd ) when I set a target definition file as my target-platform in eclipse, all contained bundles are downloaded to the local cache in eclipse. but I want just the needed bundles to be downloaded from the p2 repository to my local cache (eclipse and/or maven) like the tycho build does.

I found a workaround for this problem, but I am not sure if this is a tycho-minded solution:

I defined a p2updatesite-project with a packaging-type eclipse-repository and set the value of includeAllDependency to true in the build-configuration of the tycho-p2-repository-plugin.

after the tycho-build I add the subfolder target/repository of the p2updatesite-projec to my target-definition in my eclipse preferences.

I am not so deep in tycho, but when tycho compiles my bundles, isn’t there a temporary target-platform where tycho resolves and compiles my bundles against? if yes, is there no way to reuse this target-platform definition for my eclipse workbench?

regards, adrian