Re: [tycho-user] What packaging to use for a myapp.target project?

On 05/21/2014 10:37 AM, Steinar Bang wrote:
In my code I have currently put the module first in the modules list of
the parent, to make sure it would be built before any other, but so far
the dependencies to GEF added in the target project, are still
unresolved.
Your target-definition is most likely incomplete, missing some transitive dependencies.

You can use the target-platform-validation-plugin [1] when building your target-definition to make sure its contents can be resolved.
You also need to be aware of the difference between planner and slicer mode. Planner will generally work since it transitively includes necessary installable unit, slicer will use only what's in your target-definition so it requires you to verify your dependencies by yourself (the positive part is that it provides more control, more determinism, better performances).

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs-extras/target-platform-validation-plugin/validate-target-platform-mojo.html

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat