Von: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Andreas Sewe
Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. März 2014 15:58
An: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [tycho-user] Release OSGi bundles/projects with Tycho

Hi Timo,

> for pure Maven projects, the maven-release-plugin allows for creating
> releases of those projects including creation of SVN tags and version
> bumping. Is there any similar approach within Tycho for OSGi
> bundles/projects? I found some hints on [1] and [2], but those are
> already some years old and do not seem to be very active recently...

I am not aware of anything besides the tycho-versions-plugin [1]. The tricky part is that you don't want to switch to non-SNAPSHOT versions for bundles and features (as 2.0.5 comes before 2.0.5.qualifer in OSGi-land but after 2.0.5-SNAPSHOT in Maven-land). On the other hand, parent POMs or eclipse-repository artifacts do deserve a non-SNAPSHOT version.

If you group them by using directories like plugins, tests, and features, this is quite easy to do on the shell. Here's what I do when releasing Eclipse Code Recommenders, for example [2,3]:

> export RELEASE=2.0.5
> export NEXT=2.0.6
> mvn clean org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version
> -Dproperties=recommenders-version -DnewVersion=${RELEASE} # Revert
> bundles and features to .qualifer mvn
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -Dartifacts=$(basename plugins/*/ tests/*/ features/*/ | paste -sd "," - ) -DnewVersion=${RELEASE}-SNAPSHOT git commit -a -m "[releng] ${RELEASE}"
> git checkout HEAD^ -- '*'
> mvn clean org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version
> -Dproperties=recommenders-version -DnewVersion=${NEXT}-SNAPSHOT git commit -a -m "[releng] ${NEXT}-SNAPSHOT"

Hope that helps.

Andreas

[1]
<http://www.eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs/tycho-release/tycho-versions-plugin/plugin-info.html>
[2]
<https://git.eclipse.org/c/recommenders/org.eclipse.recommenders.git/commit/?id=b34ee9f5cc96c2da21b24f6c6dfa62e8a518fa1e>
[3]
<https://git.eclipse.org/c/recommenders/org.eclipse.recommenders.git/commit/?id=edf112287fd49f6a700b4a980693945c1f387465>

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
The knowledge transfer company

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt
Mobile: +49-170-811-3791
http://www.codetrails.com/

Managing Director: Dr. Marcel Bruch
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 91940

Hinweis: Diese Email enthält evtl. vertrauliche und rechtlich geschützte
Informationen. Sollten Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sein oder diese
Email irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender,
und löschen Sie anschließend diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie
die unbefugte Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser Email sind nicht gestattet.

Attention: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Back to the top