Re: [tycho-user] Trying to set up multiple parallel builds with different build.properties

Great idea. Will try later. Thanks!

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Blewitt
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:45 AM
To: Tycho user list
Cc: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] Trying to set up multiple parallel builds with different build.properties

Use build.properties for Tycho and run ant with <properties file="build.ant.properties"/> instead.

Alex

Sent from my iPhone 5

On 23 Apr 2013, at 01:04, Nathaniel E Pendleton <NPendleton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

I have an existing RCP product I am attempting to migrate from an Ant-based build system to a Tycho-based system. I have them both building on separate branches, but I would like to have them both be buildable from the same branch. The “build.properties” files are quite different. Since there does not seem to be a way to specify a different filename than “build.properties”, I attempted to insert a dirty little ant task to copy “maven.build.properties” to “build.properties” before running the best of the build logic. Unfortunately, it seems that the “build.properties” file is read way before I have a chance to fire this task off. (Even though the file is copied at the “initialize” phase, I still receive a “bin.includes value(s) must be specified.” I took a slight peek at the Tycho source code, and it seems like this file is loaded very early in the process.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can have two different builds, one of which is Tycho-based, using different “build.properties” files without resorting to a pre-maven build script?

Thank you,

Nate

Nate Pendleton

Tools Software Engineer