Re: [tycho-user] jgit timestamp provider ignores local changes

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5 Mar 2013, at 15:28, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's working well, but in the case a local change happen on the module, the timestamp provider doesn't detect it and still uses timestamp of the latest commit.

If you're doing that, you haven't got reproducible builds anyway.

While that would be true, I suspect in its current state it could interfere with a local development usecase:
1) build a module
2) quickly make a change
3) build the module again
- maven bundle updated correctly, as it's in 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT
- p2 repo not updated correctly, as 3.8.0.sameQualifier discarded.
4) use the director to materialize the product, it's not quite right.

I don't know how common this would be, since you'd have to build a small module that produced some p2 output somewhere consumable by another part of tycho or the p2 director, but it could happen.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR