[tycho-user] What is the latest on "Access restriction" compilation errors

As I've said, I'm new to Tycho and I'm trying to convert an existing (large) RCP product from PDE Build to Tycho (0.16).

One of the our plugins is using a class from the com.sun.* packages, specifically com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.CachedRowSetImpl()
In Eclipse IDE, this usage does not produce any warnings or errors (although I do have restricted access set to generate warnings). But Tycho refuses to compile the plugin:

[ERROR] Access restriction: The type CachedRowSetImpl is not accessible due to restriction on classpath entry C:\Tools\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\jre\lib\rt.jar

I've verified that the plugin has its BREE set to JavaSE-1.6
I've tried adding com.sun.rowset to Import-Package, but Eclipse IDE won't let me do so; I added it manually, but that produces an  error in Eclipse and then Tycho complains that it can't resolve that package.

I've tried searching and reading about other similar problems, but quickly got lost in the weeds of bug reports and discussions about OSGi. I found a reference to a blog post about creating an OSGi Extension Bundle (http://blog.meschberger.ch/2008/10/osgi-bundles-require-classes-from.html) but honestly that seems like a big pain just to get Tycho to compile against a class I know exists in JRE 1.6.

What is the latest info on resolving this kind of situation? Are there any other options?

Thanks,
Eric

Back to the top