Re: [tycho-user] How to include a bundle (apache.felix) into an eclipse-plugin ("No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.")?

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:30 AM,  <Sergio.Areias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> In order to include traditional maven dependencies, I packaged these
> dependencies with maven-bundle plugin from org.apache.felix.
>
> Then I included this bundle in my plugin.xml dependency section.
>
> When I try to do "mvn package", I get this error:

You will need a p2 repository available that can provide your
maven-bundle plugin.

We have just done this for our RCP application.

We used Nexus +
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Nexus/Nexus+OSGi+Experimental+Features+-+P2+Repository+Plugin
Where the p2 repository is available from the root of Maven repository
plus "/.meta/p2".

Be aware of https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-5012 which means
you need to Rebuild P2 metadata after Nexus restarts.

You will also need an Eclipse target definition, which you can see
examples of in the Tycho RCP demos.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Demo_Projects/RCP_Application

If your bundle needs to be unpacked in the product installation, then
you will need to make sure that you repackage your maven-bundle to
include the Manifest header
Eclipse-BundleShape: dir
as per http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/01/20/tip-eclipse-bundleshape/.
Tycho doesn't support feature.xml unpack="true" option.

Back to the top