[tycho-user] Problem with tycho-surefire-plugin and include/exclude patterns

I have a related question (the answer of which could clarify future problems for tycho-using searchers of this post):

With the exception of renaming all Unit test cases to have the suffix “*Test.java” (or specifying a TestSuite.class that requires updates for each added test class), is there actually a way to configure inclusion patterns in tycho-surefire-plugin as suggested by the original posterm, and as implemented in the maven-surefire-plugin?

When my pom contains the following, no tests are detected:

<packaging>eclipse-test-plugin</packaging>

  <build>

    <plugins>

      <plugin>

        <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>

        <artifactId>tycho-surefire-plugin</artifactId>

        <version>${tycho-version}</version>

        <configuration>

          <useUIHarness>false</useUIHarness>

          <includes>

            <include>**/UT.*</include>

            <include>**/FT.*</include>

            <include>**/Test.*</include>

          </includes>

        </configuration>

      </plugin>

    </plugins>

  </build>

This configuration detects no test. If I remove everything (and retain <packaging>eclipse-test-plugin</packaging>, only the *Test.java are detected)

The java files that follow this pattern are located in ./src/[package dirs].

Is this expected behavior? Is my configuration invalid?

Note: The UT/FT convention is an artifact from the legacy code that I am updating. I will likely need to rename the files with a script in order to conform to convention. I would prefer to make sure that there was no other way to configure against this convention for educational purposes.

Thanks folks,

D.

Back to the top