[tycho-user] javadoc - best practices

Hi all,

I'm currently setting up a Tycho based build system for GEF3D. First of all: Tycho is really great! The build script is already creating all plugins, features, and the update site / p2 repository.

Now I'm wondering how to best set up the build for the documentation plugin, including the JavaDocs. I have looked at some other Eclipse projects, and it seems as if there is no best way -- I've found a lot of individual ant scripts. While I also have my special ant script, I'm not that happy with it (because it creates the Javadoc directly in the plugin folder and not in a target folder).

Basically -- and I would assume this is a standard requirement -- I need JavaDoc for all plugins for which I have created source plugins (with tycho-source-plugin). Since I only want to provide a single documentation plugin, I'd like to somehow "merge" the javadocs with the other (html) documents contained in my doc plugin.

Is there a "Tycho way" of doing that?

Cheers,
Jens

Back to the top