[tycho-user] FW: Cannot find layout implementation error using mvn 3 and tycho artifacts with mvn 2

Hi,

I'm very new to maven and tycho. I first asked this question on the maven list but was redirected here.  I'm getting error messages trying to reference an artifact that was built with mvn 3 and tycho in an mvn 2 build.  The mvn 2 build doesn't use tycho and uses the mvn 3 artifact as a build dependency.  The artifacts are deployed to a common maven repo (archiva) by mvn 3 but it seems that the format they are deployed in isn't recognized by mvn 2, or maybe its the artifacts at eclipse that my plugin references that aren't recognized?  e.g. When the maven 2 build runs and tries to fetch the artifact I get this:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.metadata.ArtifactMetadataRetrievalException: Unable to read the metadata file for artifact 'com.e2open.sitoolkit.mse:com.e2open.sitoolkit.mse.model:jar': Cannot find layout implementation corresponding to: 'p2' for remote repository with id: 'helios'. for project com.e2open.sitoolkit.mse:mse
    at org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.retrieveRelocatedProject(MavenMetadataSource.java:200)

build 15-Nov-2011 18:21:16 Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.layout.ArtifactRepositoryLayoutp2.
build 15-Nov-2011 18:21:16  at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:323)
build 15-Nov-2011 18:21:16  at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:440)
build 15-Nov-2011 18:21:16  at org.apache.maven.project.ProjectUtils.getRepositoryLayout(ProjectUtils.java:153)
build 15-Nov-2011 18:21:16  ... 33 more

Where I have seen references to this problem the answer has been to use mvn 3 but that was because the users have been building an mvn 3 source tree with mvn 2.  In my case its a little different in that I want to reference mvn 3/tycho artifacts in an mvn 2 build.  So with all that background...  is there a way that mvn2 can use these artifacts. e.g.  Is there a tycho "p2" layout implementation plugin I can add to mvn 2?  Or is there a way to deploy the artifacts from the mvn 3/tycho build in a way that will be compatible with mvn2?

Thanks,
Warwick

Back to the top