Re: [tycho-user] Why is Tycho manifest-first?

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 09:00, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, you need to know OSGi version syntax to work on OSGi projects.
> Beyond that, though, there is a rough parity between Maven and Tycho
> when it comes to reproducible builds.

In theory...

In practice, many Maven dependencies are available from Maven Central,
which is more reliable than depending on various p2 repositories with
different policies.

Also, maintaining a local Maven repository for 3rd party artifacts
isn't a big deal, but I have yet to figure out how to maintain a p2
repository for the same purpose (Nexus Pro, for instance, doesn't
appear to support this).

Back to the top