Re: [tycho-user] configuring encoding

Em 14/10/2011 12:14, Cristiano Gavião escreveu:
Olá Luiz,

It seems that you are from Brazil... :)
I've got this kind of problem a long time ago when I've started with maven, and cross-platform development. This really gave me nightmares, because we had developers using MacOSx, Linux and Windows using same projects at same SCM... Eclipse's pt-BR workspaces have its encode depending on its host OS. At rWindows the default encode is ISO-8859-1, at linux is UTF-8 and MacOSx is MacRoman. So, If you create a .java file at windows this file will be using ISO8859-1. If you write accents on this file and then later open this same file at linux, change some code and save again, all those accents will be wrongly saved... you will see that next time you open this file in your windows :(

The only good solution that we've found was to unify every Eclipse workspace to use only UTF-8. so all java and properties files are using this encoding and I don't have any problem anymore.

Using <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding> will not have any effect if your java code is write using ISO-8859-1.

But you could try: <project.build.sourceEncoding>ISO-8859-1</project.build.sourceEncoding>

Good luck

Cristiano Gavião

On 14/10/11 09:03, Luiz Eduardo wrote:
Em 14/10/2011 04:16, Sievers, Jan escreveu:
http://software.2206966.n2.nabble.com/maven-osgi-compiler-plugin-file-encoding-tp6035146p6035208.html

-----Original Message-----
From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Digulla
Sent: Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011 21:36
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] configuring encoding

Am 13.10.2011 20:12, schrieb Luiz Eduardo:

<properties>
<tycho-version>0.13.0</tycho-version>
</properties>

didn't worked
Replace "UTF-8" with the encoding that you use in your project. In
Eclipse, open the "Properties" dialog, select "Resource" and then you
should see "Encoding" on the right.

Regards,

i tried too
didn't worked...
i decide to change special characters (like ã and ç) by '\ua030' by example
thanks a lot