[tycho-user] AspectJ compiles fail w/ missing dependencies if manifest first builds have extra artifacts on the Bundle-Classpath

In MANIFEST.MF mode with an eclipse-bundle having aspects, the aspectJ compiler will compile the aspect just fine up until the moment extra libs are added to the Bundle-Classpath.  An example pom.xml/build.properties file is here: https://gist.github.com/1233759.   I am not sure if this falls outside the normal use cases, but given that non-aspectJ compiles work fine with extra libs on the Bundle-Classpath, it seems that the aspectJ compiler plugin should have access to the same classpath as the usual compiler.  AspectJ without extra bundle-classpath entries also work just fine.

The workaround I've done is use the copy-dependencies goal to setup and copy select deps into a /lib folder that mirrors the Bundle-Classpath but this doesn't seem DRY.  I Tested with Tycho 0.12.0, AspectJ 1.3.1/1.4 and several platforms (mac, linux, win) all with the same result.  Not sure exactly where the bug is but would be happy to help out with testcases and coding if someone can point me in the right direction.

Clifford James

Back to the top