Re: [tycho-user] tycho with non p2 dependencies?

https://docs.sonatype.org/display/TYCHO/Dependency+on+pom-first+artifacts

--
Regards,
Igor

On 11-09-21 6:07 PM, Walter A. Boring IV wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to comprehend the correct order of operations to get tycho to
properly build my eclipse plugin project. My project has an external
dependency on com.google.gson 1.7.1, which is in maven central. I added
the Require-Bundle: com.google.gson;bundle-version="[1.7.0,2.0.0)"
in the MANIFEST.MF

Tycho can't resolve the dependency because com.google.gson doesn't live
in the p2 (eclipse) repository.

[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: "No solution found
because the problem is unsatisfiable.": ["Unable to satisfy dependency
from com.me.oo.studio.shared 1.0.0.qualifier to bundle com.google.gson
[1.7.0,2.0.0).", "No solution found because the problem is
unsatisfiable."] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: "No solution found because the problem is
unsatisfiable.": ["Unable to satisfy dependency from
com.me.oo.studio.shared 1.0.0.qualifier to bundle com.google.gson
[1.7.0,2.0.0).", "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable."]

If I add a dependency entry to the pom.xml and remove the entry from the
MANIFEST.MF, then maven pulls down com.google.gson just fine, but the
build still fails, but for different reasons.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.13.0:compile (default-compile)
on project com.hp.oo.studio.shared: Compilation failure: Compilation
failure:
[ERROR]
/home/waboring/devel/oo/infrastructure/k2_git/studio/studio-shared/src/main/java/com/hp/oo/studio/editor/model/util/FlowSerializer.java
(at line 32):[-1,-1]
[ERROR] import com.google.gson.Gson;
[ERROR] The import com.google cannot be resolved
[ERROR]

I've been pulling my hair out for several days now trying to get maven
to build my eclipse-plugin. I need gson, and eclipse can build it fine
when I add the entry in the MANIFEST.MF, but tycho hates it.

Help?
Walt