[tycho-user] Anyone with Nexus pro experience (using it for osgi distribution management system)?

As I understand the only distribution management system available for
osgi bundles is the commercial version of Nexus (Pro). Does anyone
have experience with using Nexus Pro with a tycho/osgi project? Are
the bundles automatically deployed to a p2 repo on nexus specifying
something like:

	<distributionManagement>
		<repository>
			<id>releases</id>
			<name>Internal Releases</name>
			<url>http://repository:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases</url>
		</repository>
		<snapshotRepository>
			<id>snapshots</id>
			<name>Internal Snapshots</name>
			<url>http://repository:8081/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
		</snapshotRepository>
	</distributionManagement>

And is it a simpel matter to refer to these p2 repos on an eclipse
target platform?

We have experimented with creating out own dist. management system. We
add features to a project containing out bundles and the copy the
tycho generated feature to tomcat. But its to complicated to
maintain/update different version of the features and it could be nice
if this could be handled just like "native" maven artifact deployment.
So will we get a similar behavior from nexus pro for managing our
bundles as we get with nexus free for managing our maven artifacts?

Back to the top