[tycho-user] Building Babel language fragments with tycho 0.12?

I need to add language fragments for build-in eclipse plugins like
org.eclipse.ui I have added the feature:

<unit id="org.eclipse.babel.nls_eclipse_de.feature.group"
version="3.6.0.v20110723071525"/>

to my target definition from the babel update sites available from:

http://www.eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php

Now in my own feature I have added the org.eclipse.ui.nl_de fragment:

   <plugin
         id="org.eclipse.ui.nl_de"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"
         fragment="true"
         unpack="false"/>

but I don't include the feature org.eclipse.babel.nls_eclipse_de in my product.

This compiles fine and the resulting exported product also works fine
(standard menu entries are translated to german) when using PDE build.

But when I build with tycho 0.12 I get:

[INFO] [Software being installed:
org.eclipse.babel.nls_eclipse_de.feature.group 3.6.0.v20110723071525,
Missing requirement: org.eclipse.compare.examples.nl_de
3.6.0.v20110723071525
requires 'bundle org.eclipse.compare.examples 0.0.0' but it could not
be found, Cannot satisfy dependency:
org.eclipse.babel.nls_eclipse_de.feature.group 3.6.0.v20110723071525
depend
s on: org.eclipse.compare.examples.nl_de [3.6.0.v20110723071525]]
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No solution found
because the problem is unsatisfiable. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error:
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No solution found
because the problem is unsatisf
iable.
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:168)

This makes sense since tycho first compiles the .target file and makes
sure that no missing requirements exists. But is it possible to get
the same behaviour as PDE for tycho in this case somehow - specifying
a feature in the target which is not included in the product - only a
few fragments from the feature? And why is this possible with PDE and
not Tycho?

Back to the top