From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Knudsen, Lasse
Sent: Freitag, 12. August 2011 12:12
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [tycho-user] Problem with local repositories instead of using -Dtycho.targetPlatform

Hi guys,

I am having some problems with the definition of a local p2 repository instead of using the –Dtycho.targetPlatform. Here are the steps I did so far:

1. First I created a local repository by using the eclipse application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher
2. I used the the new local repository with tycho by pointing the –Dtycho.targetPlatform to that location
3. Build eclipse plugin with tycho (0.12.0) ⇒ everthing is just fine
4. Then I wanted to remove the –Dtycho.targetPlatform and put the following things into my pom.xml

<repositories>
               <repository>
                               <id>local-repository</id>
                               <layout>p2</layout>
                               <url>file://c:/local-repo</url>
      </repository>
</repositories>

5. When I now starting the build I am getting:
Failed to access p2 repository local-repository (c:/local-repo/), will try to use local cache. Reason: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: URI has an authority component.

What does that exception mean or did I miss something in my configuration? Does tycho still needs a specific target platform or do I have to use something else then the FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher?

Best regards,
Lasse