Re: [tycho-user] version control between tycho and eclipse

See my comments inline

--
Regards,
Igor

On 11-04-26 09:04 AM, Nouha DAHI wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to build features and plugins under an eclipse-based IDE. I
have used tycho to generate POMs for the source projects.

My problem is that Tycho produces a plug-in JAR named name-1.0.0.jar
which is fine for Maven, but Eclipse expects name_1.0.0

(remind _ instead of -). Any ideas about this?

Tycho provides a number of packaging types (eclipse-feature,
eclipse-update-site, eclipse-application and eclipse-repository, to be
specific) to assemble eclipse update site and/or installation layout
with conventional OSGi bundle jar names. If you want to copy bundle jar
files manually for whatever reason, you'd need to rename them yourself.

Then, I am wondering how can I put numeric versions without –SNAPSHOT
label?

When I try to modify the version in pom.xml (from 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT to
1.0.0 ), the validate-version goal fails because the 1.0.0 qualifier in
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF does not match Maven version in pom.xml.

Is this label compulsory?

You need to make sure Eclipse/OSGi and Maven versions of the same
project are "equivalent". For release versions, this means both maven
and eclipse/osgi versions are the same. For snapshot versions, use
-SNAPSHOT in pom.xml and .qualifier in eclipse/osgi metadata files.

Back to the top