Re: [tycho-user] Eclipse products for the different platforms

see https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-510  for bundle-based products.

Regards
Jan

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberlies, Tobias
Sent: Dienstag, 22. Februar 2011 11:13
To: Tycho user list
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] Eclipse products for the different platforms

Unfortunately, I don't know of a simple example that creates a product with platform-specific fragments.

How to build products/RCPs in general is shown in https://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-tycho/tree/master/tycho-demo/itp04-rcp
In order to extend this to include platform-specific fragments, I'd recommend the following approach:
* Base your product on features. If you currently have a plug-in based product, create a feature, include the same bundles there, and then only include the feature in the product.
* In the editor for the feature, make sure that that you have the environments configured correctly (right-hand side of tab "Plug-ins").
* Configure the used ws/os/arch combinations as environments in the parent POM

There are other ways, but this one should be the most convenient.

Regards
Tobias