Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 2.7.4: Can't get embedded M2E lifecycle-mapping metadata to work

Hi Andreas,

the org.sontype.tycho.m2e connector also provided a mapping for the 'clean' goal you mentioned (see [1]). Actually I would say that this was actually out of the scope of a 'Tycho'-connector, but that's how things were done.
That's probably the reason why you are still prompted to install it.

It should be the responsibility of m2e to handle a so much standard-goal like the 'clean' goal and I think M2E already does it (it should be executed on project/workspace clean).
But it looks like the lifecycle-mapping-metadata registry of M2E has to be thought that M2E is already handling that goal.

Can you please report that to M2E [2]?

Regarding your second problem, do you have the 'org.eclipse.m2e.pde.feature' installed?
But I'm not sure if I understand your problem exactly. Tycho is to build Eclipse-Plugin projects. Usually they have, among others, their .project file under version control. And then PDE handling them.
o.e.m2e.pde handles Maven Projects that use the 'bnd-maven-plugin' or the Apache 'maven-bundle-plugin' to generate their OSGi Manifest. m2e.pde runs the manifest generation and then hands them off to PDE, so that they are treated like the usual Eclipse Plug-in project created by PDE.

But if there is a problem it is likely more a M2E issue as well, because as you said the Tycho goals are marked as ignored thus the embedded lifecycle-mapping-metadata are working as expected.

Greetings

Hannes

[2] - https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/issues