[tycho-dev] Tycho 2.7.4: Can't get embedded M2E lifecycle-mapping metadata to work

Hi all,

I am currently giving Tycho 2.7.4 a spin, but unfortunately cannot get the embedded M2E lifecycle-mapping metadata [1] to work.

I am facing two issues, using Eclipse 2022-06 for RCP and RAP Developers with a project that was previously on Tycho 2.7.2:

- When importing my multi-module project (Import > Maven > Existing Maven Projects) I am still prompted to install the "Tycho Configuration bridges" due the the maven-clean-plugin:3.1.0:clean execution not being covered. As I assume that I do not have to install the bridge anymore, I cancelled the wizard and - for good measure - performed a manual Maven > Update Project on all imported projects.

- Unfortunately, all projects thus imported only have the "Maven Nature" among the project natures; in other words, they are not detected as plug-in projects (they don't even have JRE on their buildpath - as they simply don't have a build path).

This seems like a bug to me.

FWIW, in the Maven > Lifecycle Mapping project properties of my eclipse-plugin project, the various tycho-*-plugin executions are listed as "ignored"; the only two non-ignored executions are resources:resources and resources:testResources.

Am I fundamentally misunderstanding how the embedded lifecycle metadata is supposed to work of should I file a bug report?

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <https://github.com/eclipse/tycho/blob/tycho-2.7.4/RELEASE_NOTES.md#eclipse-m2e-lifecycle-mapping-metadata-embedded>

--