Re: [tycho-dev] Build p2 update site from Maven artifacts

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 7:09 AM Fauth Dirk (XC-ECO/ESM1) <Dirk.Fauth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am currently testing the m2e PDE Integration. As I am a big fan of the Target Platform DSL contributed by Mikael Barbero to Eclipse CBI I would like to see the m2e PDE Integration also in the DSL. (The PDE Target Definition Editor is not really useful for big target platforms and often breaks the whole development environment).

This comes as no surprise and I remember some concerns were emitted from some PDE contributors about TP-DSL from day 1: any alternative language to do the same thing as a standard one and transpiling to the standard one will have to invest a lot in keeping up to date with new standard features. By using a new language for the same thing, TP-DSL bascially introduced a factory of technical debt, that people who started to rely on will need to cover now. It would have been much more sustainable if the things that make TP-DSL better were at least attempted to be implemented in the standard .target format...

Good luck finding contributors for this TP-DSL!
In the meantime, if you're willing to open specific bugs against PDE that would allow to make the .target file more usable, that would be welcome; and it may get some more attention as there are more active contributors on PDE than on the TP-DSL.

Back to the top