Re: [tycho-dev] Move to Github / Bugzilla, MediaWiki and Git/Gerrit deprecated in early 2021

> I'm not sure it's a wise thing; the coupling between
> Tycho and Platform is huge

Then this is a problem independent of the used tracker/git host!

> That's nothing semantic, all textual conventions, it's really weak!

there are pros-and-cons for sure but one can also argue that most developers today are more familiar with slim, agile and flexible workflows than with traditional heavyweight central managed ones.

I don't say its not worth or useful, but if we want to get faster and more open I think a more relaxed development process could help to attract new committers. Even though I'm using eclipse-bugzilla for years now I'm not always sure what al those fields and options are meant for and my impression is they lie often dormant.

> Many committers do look at those blocked-by to manage their own work. > I personally look at these links every time I open a bugzilla issue.

You will be able to look at them in GitHub/lab also, its just that you won't need to manage them explicitly! Also referencing issues in commits and get them linked to the issue automatically can be really nice.

And of course no one holds you back from simply maintain a list of links on the bottom of your ticket to get the good old Bugzilla feeling :-)