Re: [tycho-dev] Move to Github / Bugzilla, MediaWiki and Git/Gerrit deprecated in early 2021

Or Tycho could step up and take the lead :-)

I'm not against gitlab nor I think github is the only valid choice, its just that I feel that github has definitely the larger user-base, new contributors are most likely already have a github account than an (eclipse) gitlab account.

Also I think github is much more visible to outside people as an eclipse service.

While github do not directly have a concept of "blocking" ticket as far as as I know you can use labels and references to organize you in a much more flexible way [1] gives a good overview. gitlab seems to support it as a separate reference type [2] but I have never used it and can't tell how useful it is.

In the end its all about how you organize your work, having a "blocked-by" is meaningless unless there's someone really managing work and pushing things forward to resolve blockers.

[1] https://guides.github.com/features/issues/
[2] https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/issues/related_issues.html