[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tycho-dev] commit message format
- From: "Sievers, Jan" <jan.sievers@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 08:18:01 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AdCUZzF5KyJIuxBXQQ+6vpCbwT99wA==
- Thread-topic: commit message format
there is an auto-linking feature for gerrit proposals/git commits , see "See also" section of example bug.
We could use this if we change our commit header prefix to
Bug nnn: ...
This will cross-link bug report and commit both ways in gerrit and git.
I like this even though it takes some more characters than what we use right now because
I don't have to think about manually linking anymore.
What do you think about using this as our recommended commit format?