Re: [tracecompass-dev] Question about working with Kernel callstacks

Hello,

Trace Compass does indeed offer a mechanism for translating addresses to symbol names, and it seems that this is what you’re looking for.

You can find a well-written tutorial with example traces and symbols here [1], and more information here [2].

I haven’t got much experience on the subject, so maybe it won’t be that easy in your particular use-case. Fingers crossed :)

[1]: https://github.com/tuxology/tracevizlab/blob/e5c5e04050820791f33f9449455a90579040485b/labs/201-lttng-userspace-tracing/README.md#task-3-understanding-the-symbols

[2]: http://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/stable/org.eclipse.tracecompass.doc.user/LTTng-UST-Analyses.html

Denis.