[tracecompass-dev] R: R: Question about VM tracing with LTTng and Virtual Machine Analysis inside TraceCompass

Hi

1- Did you first succeed in compiling the lttng upstream `stable-2.12` branches in both projects? to confirm the errors really come from the branch
Yes, both the projects do compile.
2- Did you run ./bootstrap && ./configure in lttng-tools first? It adds new dependencies to udev, though that does not seem to be the problem here.
Those files are only in lttng-tools
3- You compiled lttng-ust before the other 2?
Yes, I did
4- For lttng-modules, I think you have to have compiled and installed the lttng-tools first
I tryed, but nothing changed
5- If you previously installed the lttng-* packages from your distro's package manager, be sure to remove them, as there may be clashes in libraries.
Thanks to this suggestion I discovered that I haven't deleted all the libraries before; this resolved the problems encountered and the lttng-modules installation succeeded, but for lttng-tools we have new errors https://pastebin.com/LD35RrHV

Thank you,
Emilio Bruno

Back to the top