Re: [tracecompass-dev] Question about TraceCompass incubator features

Hi Geneviève,

Thank you very much the answeres! Your explanation helps solve the problem and I have one minor issue.

According to your explanations, I checked the plug-ins in "help->about" and find my problem is because of not adding my feature in rcp.product/tracing.incubator.product.

Now I added the feature and the product is now containing my feature.

My further problem is that, the build using Maven is frequently failed because of the problem BELOW, I think it's due to network issues, but it happens so frequent that I have to run the build command several times for each build.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:1.3.0:package-plugin (default-package-plugin) on project org.eclipse.tracecompass.incubator.virtual.machine.analysis.core: Error assembling JAR: /home/d/projects/org.eclipse.tracecompass.incubator/vm/org.eclipse.tracecompass.incubator.virtual.machine.analysis.core/.polyglot.build.properties isn't a file. -> [Help 1]​

I tried to comment out the "scripting" and "doc" modules in the root pom.xml file.

But I would like to know if this helps reduce failure? Should I also comment some features in the rcp.product configurations?

also which modules could be removed from build, if I simply want to test importing my traces?

Best regards,

Yang