From: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of tracecompass developer discussions <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 3:19 PM
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [tracecompass-dev] Questions about trace compass

Hi Mia,

regarding question 1-

are the events always the same durations?
basically I see 7 possibilities.

For #1. I think I made a patch way back where an event can have multiple states. for the others, I did not think too much about it.
Another possibility is to have a lane (timegraphentry) have children. each child would be a contiguous stream of events. Could you specify more?

As for #2, would a standalone RCP be good enough for your needs? No efforts I am aware of were made to port it to another environment.