[tracecompass-dev] A quesiton about using trace compass to parse and display CTF traces

Hi all,

I met a problem when trying to open a CTF trace in Trace Compass. The app didn't recognize the metadata file.
I followed the steps in https://github.com/efficios/barectf/wiki/Writing-the-YAML-configuration-file to generate a metadata file with the sample YAML file. And the metadata file can't be recognized in Trace Compass.

barectf config.yaml  -->  generate metadata file

I compared the metadata file generated by barectf with the metadata files in sample traces(https://github.com/tuxology/tracevizlab/blob/master/labs/TraceCompassTutorialTraces.tgz). Seems the format of the two metadata file are different. The generated metadata file is a text file, while the one in sample trace is binary. I attached these two metadata files.

Do you know what is the difference between them, how could I generate a metadata file which can be recognized by Trace Compass.

Thanks.