[tracecompass-dev] Script example without trace data

Hi,

I would like to create a state chart similar to the one shown @ ECE:
https://www.eclipsecon.org/sites/default/files/slides/EclipseConEurope2019-TraceCompass-EASE.pdf
on page 24

I do not have a trace file to parse, all my data resides in an internal
data model. Therefore I would need to be able to create an empty trace
first and then populate it via API. Is there an example available for
this use case?

Checking out the examples from:
https://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass.incubator/doc/javadoc/apidocs/org/eclipse/tracecompass/incubator/scripting/core/doc-files/examples.html
does not help much as they all seem to rely on some data files which I
was not able to find:

	var analysis = getAnalysis("mpiring.js");

	if (analysis == null) {
		print("Trace is null");
		exit();
	}

always exists as analysis is null.

Is there a way to create an analysis from scratch, add some data
programmatically and plot that stuff?

thanks
Christian

Back to the top