Re: [tracecompass-dev] Recording Traces using Trace Compass

Hi John,

> I can create the session fine, and enable events but I never seem to end up with traces that contain any events.

This can be many things that make it go awry, are you tracing a kernel or userspace trace, you are using LTTng I imagine, which version are you using?

> I can start and stop sessions but it is not clear how one views the resultant traces,If I initiate a trace using the control interface it seems to produce empty traces, it is also not clear how one would view these traces even if they did contain events, does one have to import them from the target?

Yes you can import them with a button on the top of the control view, fetch is the same.

> Is there any other documentation that shows a simple example of how through the control interface one would initiate a tracing session for all events and then view that in the traceview?

The user doc is the best source I can think of, I will ask some colleagues and get back asap.

In the meanwhile, you can also use a script that can be passed by right clicking on a session if you are more of a command line gent.

I should follow up soon,

br.

Matthew