I changed my code to call the second initTrace method, passing an empty string for name for now and the trace id matching what was in my extension in plugin.xml and the filter with only a TRACETYPE node works as well as the filter with a TRACETYPE node and then a MATCHES node as a child of the TRACETYPE node, so this appears to be the problem.

I'm not sure what to pass for the name parameter. It looks like it's expected to be a pathname to the trace but I'm not sure, and I don't know if it matters.

Dave

Inactive hide details for Patrick Tasse ---11/07/2017 11:58:18 AM---Hi Dave, Looks like it could be an issue with the TRACETYPEPatrick Tasse ---11/07/2017 11:58:18 AM---Hi Dave, Looks like it could be an issue with the TRACETYPE node? Could you debug

From: Patrick Tasse <patrick.tasse@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tracecompass developer discussions <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/07/2017 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [tracecompass-dev] Trace filters not working in Eclipse Oxygen release
Sent by: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dave,

Looks like it could be an issue with the TRACETYPE node? Could you debug TmfFilterTraceType.matches()?

Does it work if you only have a TRACETYPE node in your filter (if all is correct then it should match all events in the trace)?

Does your own trace return the same trace type ID that is defined in the org.eclipse.linuxtools.tmf.core.tracetype extension in plugin.xml?

Patrick

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 5:50 PM, David Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: _______________________________________________
tracecompass-dev mailing list
tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dev.eclipse.org_mailman_listinfo_tracecompass-2Ddev&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=yA1Giwd7Ls577uUKQ3fQWICGHopYggQ46OvlB30WK5M&m=82OvaeKYAzL-DqkKFRIBLvWg0JMYdMGM_P_vB0QGbS0&s=uWBdczbX0TA2X_xK9odf14ci9rXUmW1EZO7tqreghao&e=

Back to the top