From: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alexandre Montplaisir
Sent: March-01-17 7:34 PM
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tracecompass-dev] Splitting the CTF library into a separate project

Hi all,

I have been working on splitting Trace Compass's CTF plugins into a separate Maven project. The idea was to do something similar to the tracecompass-test-traces [1] repository, which is to have the same code base generate both a Maven artifact and a p2 repo. That way it can be used by both Eclipse plugins and "standard" Maven projects.

I have put the result on my Github:
https://github.com/alexmonthy/ctfreader

and I've verified that:
- the tests pass
- generated temporary files are cleaned up
- making Trace Compass use it seems to work fine

Would you be interested into hosting this version at Eclipse, and having Trace Compass depend on it? If there's interest I could create the repo, create the relevant Hudson jobs, and prepare patches to switch TC to that version of the library.

Cheers,
Alex

[1]
http://git.eclipse.org/c/tracecompass/tracecompass-test-traces.git/about/