[tracecompass-dev] Symbol names in call stack

I have followed the instructions supplied here http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.help%2Fdoc%2FLTTng-UST-Analyses.html to capture information about function enter and exits. Using the trace captures I am able to see the call stack but unable to see the function names. I tried to load the debug symbol binary file (generated by using objcopy --only-keep-debug on my library). However I still dont see symbol names.

To investigate this issue I picked some of the symbols and grepped for them in the nm output of my shared library and didnt find them. This could possibly be because the symbols get remapped to a different address at library load time since they come from a shared library.

Does anyone have a working workflow where they get symbol names to show up in callstacks generated from code in a shared library? Any tips would be appreciated.

Regards,
Deepankar

Back to the top