Re: [tracecompass-dev] New API in TmfTrace - RegisterAnalysis

Le mar. 15 déc. 2015 à 11:10, Matthew Khouzam <matthew.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi all,

If you look at patch https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/62323/8, there is a
sneaky API break (enhancement) I snuck into TmfTrace. This allows for
easier headless mode analyses and running tests. The reason I needed to do this is TMFAnalsysisManager has AnalysisHelpers that are re-populated on a per-trace basis. This allows the user to NOT use an analysisSource and helper. So why am I posting this? In my opinion TmfTrace does too much already, I am not thrilled about adding to the API. I want to see if there are any objections/suggestions of how to go around the problem.

I agree that starting an analysis module on a trace is way too cumbersome. If adding the feature to the ITmfTrace class is not an option, then favoring composition over class hierarchy may be an alternative. In fact, IMHO fAnalysisModule does not belong to a trace at all.

Francis

Back to the top