Re: [tracecompass-dev] Tracecompass Feature.xml question

Hi Martin

It's a good point. We haven't though about that.

I don't know how you deploy Trace Compass to your users but it's possible it add an XML filter file and add it to a plugin_customization.ini file. In the XML file you can define a filter to hide unwanted help docs.

The Trace Compass RCP actually does that to hide platform docs. See plug-in org.eclipse.tracecompass.rcp.branding. You could create your own help_data.xml to hide the developer guide for your internal builds.

One side node, in the chapter "Defining an XML state provider" of the user guide the guide actually references the developer guide about the state system. However, it has a link to the Trace Compass doc on the wiki at eclipse.org. So you should be fine.

/Bernd