Re: [tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass Mars.1 release preparation

Hello Martin

Thanks for the feedback.

In the Trace Compass framework the concept of lost event exists. Every trace type extension can define an ITmfLostEvent implementation which basically provides the number of events "lost" in a given time range.

But I don't quite understand the meaning of "... in the LTTng extension as well as in the Histogram view" ?

LTTng CTF traces provide the number of events lost in the trace packet header. In Trace Compass this data is extracted and passed on as a ITmfLostEvent and shown for example in the Histogram View or Statistics view. This feature has been there already for a while. However, before Trace Compass 1.1 the data was incorrectly extracted from LTTng traces and also incorrectly displayed in the Histogram view. There were actually multiple bugs fixed. See bugs 470741, 470754, 470830 and 470851 for that.

Which LTTng extension is meant here ?

The ones that are available in Trace Compass: LTTng Kernel and LTTng Userspace analysis

Also what version of LTTng is the minimum version required for this ?

I think the lost event information in the packet header of LTTng CTF traces exists from LTTng 2.0 tracer version on.

BTW, in the upcoming month we will work on also showing the time periods where events were lost in other views so it's more obvious for the user when analyzing traces.

Bernd