From: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bernd Hufmann
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 8:18 PM
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass Mars.1 release preparation

Hi all,

Mars.1 release is approaching fast and I would like to share the plan for Trace Compass for the Mars.1 release. Trace Compass project will release version 1.1 for Mars.1

Feature Freeze:
The feature freeze for Mars will be together with the RC1 build of Trace Compass. I'll collect the RC1 build the morning of Wednesday August
19/2015 from branch dev-1.x. This means that any feature that you want to be part of the 1.1 release should be reviewed and merged to dev-1.x before August 19/2015. I'll create the release branch stable-1.1 from dev-1.x right after the same day. Only bug fixes, documentation updates or JUnit tests should be added on this branch afterwards.

Release Testing:
Like every previous release, we'll execute a set of manual test cases to ensure that the features a working properly. For that, a test specification exists and can be found under [1] for reference. Up to know, the tests have been executed by the committers, but if someone else from the community is interested to participate, please let us know.

Release Notes:
I've created the New & Noteworthy pages [2]. I've already started to add some items, but it's not complete. Please feel free to add missing items.

Release Review;
I'll take of the preparation of the release review.

For more information about the Mars simultaneous release, see reference [3].

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best Regards
Bernd

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZ6o9CR3zva7_w6pfDNKtDgTT1yVH8_0jxyV8HI9-ko/edit?usp=sharing