I was given a good example:
We should treat user-reported bugs at a higher priority than ctf-testsuite edge cases, in general. If a user reports a bug on the ML or on Bugzilla, we become aware of it, but it won't break our builds or stop us from committing. However if a new ctf-testsuite test is introduced, it *will* break our build right away. This is a bit illogical!

To get out of this situation, it's probably inevitable to have our master branch point to a specific commit in ctf-testsuite. I think it's important to keep the supported subset of ctf-testsuite into the main build, because it can spot regressions. But as far as bringing new tests, we can do so only manually.

Adding a separate Hudson job on the side to track ctf-testsuite's master would not even be required, but it would indeed be nice to have.

I can look into adding a property in the Ant script to point to a specific commit.

Does this cover everyone's concerns?

Cheers,
Alex

On 2015-05-08 08:38 AM, Bernd Hufmann wrote:
Hello

could we have a special Jenkins Job that runs in the night and just verifies the ctf-testsuite's master branch? If there are new traces added and it fails then we would know right away. Nobody would need to check it manually.

For Trace Compass master and stable branches, however, we would build from a specific commit so that we don't get these surprise test failures when submitting patches to Gerrit or nightly build.

It should not be hard to setup such a Jenkins job. First master branch is checked out then we could apply a patch before running the build.

/Bernd