Re: [tracecompass-dev] Use specific commit for test CTF traces?

Hi Marc-André,

I was thinking about the same thing, after today's breakage ;)

The advantage of always pulling the ctf-testsuite's master branch is that we don't have to think about it, new tests come in and we get notified right away if we are non-conforming. Making this process manual would add more burden to the maintainers.

But having the possibility to point to a specific commit could be useful. I would still leave master pointing to ctf-testsuite's HEAD, but in stable branches we could point to a specific commit instead. That way those won't break unexpectedly, and as you mention, it guarantees that the branch keeps working in the future.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Alex

On 2015-05-07 10:47 PM, Marc-André Laperle wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if we should use a specific commit when pulling the ctf-testsuite when running the tests. I think it would be good because it would let older Trace Compass commits still execute tests properly and would also reduce the risk of "bad surprises", especially around release ;) We can periodically update that commit, whenever we have time to tackle more CTF improvements.

Let me know what you think,
Marc-Andre

Back to the top