Re: [tracecompass-dev] Fwd: PERF CTF traces profile view

Hi Divya,

The Perf Profile View is not part of Trace Compass, if I'm not mistaken it's part of the Linux Tools perf integration plugin. Support for reading and understanding perf.data files in CTF format would have to be implemented in that plugin.

Inversely, we could also eventually support the standard perf.data format in Trace Compass, and allow opening that as a regular trace. We had not prioritized working on this, but it's on our "potential projects" list [1].

The perf-to-CTF conversion is still very experimental (it's not even merged upstream yet!), so it will not be supported in many tools yet. It just happens to work in TC because it's very similar to LTTng kernel traces, which we already supported.

Hope this helps!
Alexandre

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/Feature_Roadmap