Re: [tools-pmc] New project proposal Eclipse TOMLed

The ideal is that projects will start with a diversity of interested parties and committers, but that is often not the case.

At least in part, the reason for hosting a project at a vendor neutral foundation is to attract contribution and participation from those who wouldn't otherwise contribute to a vendor-controlled project.

I generally look for efforts to grow diversity during release/progress reviews.

I can't speak to whether or not there is conflict/overlap between projects. As a general rule, though, we encourage projects to find ways to work together, but do not exclude the possibility of having projects with overlap in scope.

HTH,

Wayne