Re: [tools-pmc] Merging TM.terminal and Eclipse CDT

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 3:07 PM Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why not move terminal to Eclipse Platform? I is very useful also outside CDT, e.g. our Dart tooling.

Terminal has dependencies on CDT bits and there is no way we can introduce dependency on CDT from Platform. No one says it's not possible for Platform to provide the needed bits so Terminal can use them instead of CDT but this would be long term project and there has to be interested party to drive it found first.
What we try right now is unbreak the circular dep between CDT and Terminal and make sure Terminal is decoupled from the dead RSE and released regularly.
What you propose would be nice in case anyone jumps in to do it.