Re: [tools-pmc] PMC Approval for libwebsockets usage in TCF agent

On 2016-08-17 11:17 AM, Brachet, Didier wrote:

1 - The license of the library is not LGPL, it is "LGPL with exceptions" (exceptions are listed at https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/blob/v1.7-stable/LICENSE). Does this impact: "
The APIs cannot be obtained under a more permissive open source license (e.g., the BSD)."?

Those permissions are quite significant and alterĀ  a number of the terms of the LGPL which have been problematic for us in the past. At this point I would ask that we follow David's advice: open a CQ making it clear the license is LGPL *with additional permissions* and see what the IP team has to say. Please cc me on the CQ, and provide a pointer to this thread on the PMC list.

Thanks.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx